Last year I wrote a small article with a few pictures i took from last year`s build. Now with the beginning of 2016 we are building a new pfsense. This time without the case extension and without the hard disk. This time we are booting from a usb stick.
We are using these components:
- 76.95EUR Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V SoC So.BGA Dual Channel DDR3 Mini-ITX Retail
- 19.09EUR Kingston ValueRAM SO-DIMM 4GB, DDR3-1333, CL9
- 5.93EUR Emtec Click B100 schwarz 8GB, USB 3.0
- 47.89EUR Chieftec CDP-090ITX, 90W extern
- 21.96EUR Chieftec Compact IX-01B, Mini-ITX
total 171.82 EUR ( prices 2016/02/01 )
Optional case extension for hard disk
- 12.39 EUR
Chieftec MK-35DV für IX-01B/03B
In this Video you can see the firewall built.
The Installation of pfsense
Installation of the operating system which can be found @ http://pfsense.org/download
Configuration of the base settings.
Creation of a firewall rule.
Installation of squid 3.
Installation of squidguard
- blacklist: http://www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz
writeup of pfsense+squid 3+squidguard