Today a problem reported on Windows 8
Fri Nov 20 12:54:41 2015 MANAGEMENT: Client disconnected
Fri Nov 20 12:54:41 2015 All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use.
Fri Nov 20 12:54:41 2015 Exiting due to fatal error
This happened due to the fact that the tap adapter failed, didnt shut down properly or something similar.
Solution 1 – restart the Adapter
- Click Start(Windows) button and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on change adapter settings.
- Find the connection which is your TAP Adapter. Right-click the TAP adapter and select Disable.
- Right-click the TAP adapter and select Enable.
Solution 2 – kill all OpenVPNs
- Press ctrl + alt + del.
- Select the task manager.
- End all instances of any process containing the word openvpn.
- Restart OpenVPN.
Solution 3 – reinstall the TAP driver
- reinstall the Tap driver
- Check if it is already installed by opening C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows
- Right click on Uninstall and select Run as administrator
Download the Tap driver from OpenVPN repository and install it (right click on it > Run as administrator).